I thought I should introduce myself, and my family. It will help you to know who I am speaking about, and help me to remember too.
- Me – for the purpose of this blog I shall be known as Mrs Balance.
- Mr – Sometimes Mr Balance if I can be bothered to write his whole name.
- The Teen – our eldest girl, currently aged 14, likes all things hair, make up, music, phone and TV.
- The Boy – is 13 and positioned between two girls, being the middle child is always a challenge, loves sport, computer games, sport and computer games.
- The Girl – more like a boy at times, is 12. She is very creative and recently decided she’s sporty too. Not like the Teen at all, although can find her feminine side if she tries.
As a family, we love FOOD mostly, we try to follow the Christian Faith together and have the odd sing-along if everyone is in a good mood, which is rare.
We came together as a family seven years ago, Mr and I decided to adopt our children and had the Teen, Boy and Girl placed with us all at once in January 2008. Our children’s early life experience has left its mark. Our experience of an alternative way of parenting has left its mark. We are all in it together, trying to make the best of an often very challenging situation.
We love, laugh, shout, cry, hug, cry, shout, love some more, talk, listen and relish the laughter when we have it.
I hope through this blog I can share some of the ups and downs of this life we find ourselves in, and maybe it will help you as much as I hope it will help me.